Job location: Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG, Friedrichshafen, Munich
Sustainability Expert (m/w/d) Market Intelligence
We are looking for an experienced research & strategy professional with a passion for strategy, market, and competition analysis in the Industrials environment to join our team as a Sustainability Expert – Market Intelligence. You will be an integral part of driving our proprietary research for our core markets as well as growth businesses in the Energy sector. This is a great opportunity for curious and driven individuals with a passion for fully understanding complex topics in the broad set of Industries we are serving.
The place of work is Friedrichshafen. Hybrid working is possible from Munich.
What we offer:
- Maintain and further improve our perspective on the implications of developments in markets and their respective policy regimes within the sustainability solutions and renewable energy industry through analysis and forecasting of GHG emission policies, development of renewable energy / green hydrogen / power-to-x markets alongside broad macroeconomic indicators
- Develop a proprietary perspective on key business and market indices such as energy prices, industry CAPEX, CO2 prices as wells as policy developments and their implications on our business
- Initiate best practices to build models and track drivers within the new energy solutions including systematic screening of incumbent and new competitive landscape
- Develop thought leading studies and regularly publish, present, and communicate insights of key developments and potential warning signals within markets to RRPS and RR plc stakeholders
- Be the go-to-person internally for market data and market indicator data in daily business, for key projects or ad-hoc requests
- Completely own the market perspective, either independently or within project teams
What we look for:
- Strong academic background, preferably technical education
- Several years of work experience within Market Intelligence, corporate development or consulting, ideally for complex industrial products or renewable energy
- Direct experience within at least one of the new energy solutions like EaaS, green hydrogen, energy storage, power-to-x, fuel cells, electrolyzers is a must
- Highly knowledgeable about key sources of information for financial, industry and macro-economic data and how to distill insights from them
- Superior analytical skill, creativity in problem solving, and high attention to detail
- Understanding of macroeconomic, policy and global industry drivers
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to present complex topics in a concise manner to a wide range of audiences
The Business Unit Power Systems of Rolls-Royce provides world-class power solutions and complete life-cycle support under our product and solution brand mtu. Through digitalization and electrification, we strive to develop drive and power generation solutions that are even cleaner and smarter and thus provide answers to the challenges posed by the rapidly growing societal demands for energy and mobility.
We deliver and service comprehensive, powerful and reliable systems, based on both gas and diesel engines, as well as electrified hybrid systems. These clean and technologically-advanced solutions serve our customers in the marine and infrastructure sectors worldwide.
Please send us your informative documents via our online job board.
The advertisement applies to the location in Friedrichshafen, Munich.