Job location: Rolls-Royce Solutions GmbH, Friedrichshafen
Future Energy System and Simulation Architect for Microgrids (m/w/d)
Your tasks will be:
- Setup and run techno-economical microgrid sizing simulations to optimize customer projects and support sales offerings
- Describe and manage simulation tool requirements together with our analytics and SW development team
- Evaluating customer business cases such as fuel reduction, peak shaving, arbitrage or grid service and other future case enablers
- Identify key success factors in microgrid projects and consult sales and business strategy with new potential applications and use cases
- Be the point of contact in case of questions or requests from internal stakeholders such as sales, engineering, analytics team or management
- Develop and establish best practice guidelines for project component sizing and assure high quality simulation results.
- Use and establish industy network to gain and understand early trends for future energy systems
- Collaborate with Business Development and Business Stategy to advice the System Architecture Roadmap and to acieve modulatrity for our future system solutions
- Ideally degree in Electrical or Environmental or Economical or Renewable Energy Engineering
- At least 5 years of business experience in Energy System Design, Evaluation and Analytics
- Knowledge of renewable energy systems & energy storage as well as electrical power systems and energy markets
- Passion to optimize systems to achieve better overall efficiency at electrical and heat energy flows
- You have a highly organized way of working and you can deal with multiple projects and tasks in parallel
- Fluent in English and preferably German
- You like working with numbers and are very precise with documentation
- We consider previous experience in data handling, versioning, scripting workflows, HomerPro/HomerGrid and TopEnergy or EnergyPro and Python/R tools for simulation and analytics a plus
The Business Unit Power Systems of Rolls-Royce provides world-class power solutions and complete life-cycle support under our product and solution brand mtu. Through digitalization and electrification, we strive to develop drive and power generation solutions that are even cleaner and smarter and thus provide answers to the challenges posed by the rapidly growing societal demands for energy and mobility.
We deliver and service comprehensive, powerful and reliable systems, based on both gas and diesel engines, as well as electrified hybrid systems. These clean and technologically-advanced solutions serve our customers in the marine and infrastructure sectors worldwide.
Attraktive Vergütung (RRPS)
holiday and christmas bonus
company health insurance fund
occupational medical care
Flexible Working Hours (RRPS)
flexible working hours
work life balance
Please send us your informative documents via our online job board.
The advertisement applies to the location in Friedrichshafen.